FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT June 28, 2010: Sheraton Richmond West, Virginia
Old Sep 25, 2003, 9:02 am
PhillyFive

Location: Near PHL, PA and GCM, CI and sometimes PLJ, Placencia. Belize
Programs: AA-EXP, DL-Gold, Bonvoy-Gold
Actually, I think this time your expectations are a bit off base. You had some obligation to take care of yourself in this situation, after all.

I also had reservations at this hotel this week (Friday - Sunday), but simply called the property (no power = no service = no answer), then *wood CS for daily updates. Yesterday I got a call confirming what I already knew from CS - the hotel hopes to have power by Monday - 10 days after the hurricane and 6 days after the tornados. I'm cancelled....

Were you unaware that Virginia was declared a disaster area, that 60+% of the customers in Richmond had no power even by Wednesday, that many places (including the University, had to be evacuated since the water was out or non-potable, that many roads were blocked for days?

The person behind the desk - did you ask how they were holding up? If they were now at work, but still had no power or water at home? Any damage to their homes? Maybe they were having "a bad day..." even by comparison with yours.