FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT June 28, 2010: Sheraton Richmond West, Virginia
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:21 pm
SkyTeam777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sheraton Richmond West

I have a major complaint about this hotel. I had a reservation for tonight and when i showed up I was informed the hotel had no power and people were being turned away. Some people were being rebooked other places but the front desk staff was not very helpful and were basically telling some people that they were out of luck without a place to stay, most places were sold out already. They were doing it in a manner that made it seem like they were doing you a favor telling you there were no rooms anywhere.

I understand that these things happen especially after the hurricane and tornado in richmond, but apparently the power has been out for several days. I would have expected, as a platinum at least, to have a phone call or email informing me of the situation and to look for an alternative just in case it wasnt repaired in time. After a long day of work, all i want is a place to sleep, not to be given the run around and mistreated by rude staff. I called the 1-800 number and was told this is an act of nature and it is my problem...but knowing a hotel has no power for several days in advance hardly seems like an act of nature. That turns into a customer service problem. What about telling people about the possibility of a problem?? Where is the service promise? Why should I work hard to stay with starwood to achieve platinum to be treated like my business doesnt matter.

What should I do? Do you think I have a legitimate complaint?