FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSL - domestic to international connection
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:47 pm
Aviatrix

Originally Posted by travelkid
Even more sorry (called customs at OSL to verify), you need to pick up luggage, and go through customs like everyone. Then one level up to baggage drop, and through regular security.
I don't think you really understand my question.

When I travel to the USA I pick up my bag, go through customs and put it back on a special belt for connecting passengers. It is already tagged to its final destination, I don't have to join the normal check-in queue, I don't even have to interact with any human beings once I am through customs. I just drop my already-tagged bag and that's it.

I have now established (from the customer support desk at OSL) that 55 minutes is a legal connection so I shall assume that Norway operates a similar system to the USA because these 55 minute connections wouldn't be possible otherwise.

And, come to think of it - this is roughly how it all worked when I was flying back from Svalbard some years ago (which is also deemed "international" because of its special status). I did have to collect my bag and go through Customs at TOS, but I was able to drop it straight off again for my connecting flight to TRD.