FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Smisek comments today re service culture
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:00 pm
dmodemd

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Unfortunately, I think the only solution to the international service problem is to get rid of 90% of the senior FA's. In F recently on a SFO-LHR-SFO trip, they knew all the tricks to avoid work and provide sloppy service. Didn't even bother to pass through the tiny cabin with water refills once meal service was done.
I was on PVG-SFO once and had a 747 upper deck C seat. When I got there I found that there were only about 6 of us there. The FAs also commented on the light load up top and semi-joked that on the bus on the way in they were thinking about how to close the upper deck so they wouldn't have to work!

On a flight out from SFO-PVG I had my seat changed unbenknownst to me at the gate to lower deck (saw the GA reprinting a lot of BPs). When I boarded and noticed the change, I complained and they said that there was a lot of water leaking in the upper deck and they needed to move everyone down. I insisted on the upper deck anyway and they gave it back. When I got up there I saw no water leaking, mentioned it to the FAs and they knew nothing about such a thing.

The old "elevator is broken" trick to close down upper deck I have also seen