FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will United P.S. ever improve?
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:10 am
entropy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I don't have a problem with the current PS seats, though i think they should replace the PS F with the current BF seats so they can fit 4 more seats in there...

HOWEVER, IMHO the seat itself is certainly comfortable enough (both C and F)... the biggest issue I have with PS right now is that they have drastically cut back on the soft product over the years. Originally, PS was substantially better than domestic catering, it was truly a cut above, now its pretty much the same (and now below the new redeye standard). This is one spot where CO's influence will be good, they need to bring back the better appetizers, salad, printed menus and better wine.

Also, I can't see any instance where UA will use 762s on domestic. Remember, this is management that felt that the 752 was being mis-utilized by running it on domestic trips.

The 762 is being looked at for retirement because it uses too much gas/seat-mile, the only way they feel they can get their money's worth is on long-thin routes that they get lots of premium $$$ traffic (EWR-ZRH for instance). The 752 and 762 aren't substantially different in floor space, but in terms of structural and fuel efficiency, the 757 is vastly better.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 11, 2011 at 2:44 pm Reason: merge