FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will United P.S. ever improve?
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:00 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thetallone
I flew a 2 hour flight from Cancun to EWR recently on a CO flight where the first class cabin had those new, very nice angled seats that were technically lie flat (again, not my biggest concern), with the large display monitors and the very white shiny plastic back and I can't help but think... why not just make the P.S. flights those kind of seats from the back of the current business class to the front of the jet?
Did you not see my post above where I noted that this is quite likely to happen in the near future??
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
This would make so much sense. Make it identical to the international-configured CO 757 fleet (adapted to add E+) and that removes one sub-fleet and streamlines operations. When more capacity is needed, it can easily be swapped out for a 767. ps routes then turn into routes that are premium in the sense that they are operated as if they are international, rather than domestic.
My understanding is that it will remain a sub-fleet as it will have more C seats - back to the wing exits, not just between the forward doors.