FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FLIGHT#27: Five OW Lounges & JL 719 NRT-SIN Biz Class with photos
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:40 pm
olafman

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
AMERICAN AIRLINES AADMIRALS CLUB
Next up was the American Airlines AAdmirals Club. It was located down a level that was reached via an escalator. The male agent welcomed me in saying that he would not be announcing my JAL flight. I was okay with that! I was just there to snap some pics and take a look at the food.

Signs upstairs from the lounge

Entrance

Seating areas

Quiet lounge

Comfy chairs

This lounge was nice and had great views of the tarmac. I saw a Qantas 747 staring down a smaller Malaysian Airlines plane. It made me laugh.

Dueling birds

The beverage offerings seemed very good. The spirits while not top shelf were above average including Johnnie Walker Black. I like the soda machine. It was the first I had seen like it. Food wise, it was a bit disappointing. The usual AA cheese, crackers and mini sandwiches. Nothing Japanese local or interesting here. I took my pictures and said “See y’all later”.

QANTAS BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE
So far all the lounges had been near the security area. Our flight was leaving from Gate 86 which meant taking the train to the satellite gates. The final two lounges awaited me there.

This was my favorite of all the offerings at NRT. It was quiet and had nice food! The best part was I ran into my family there! I had left them in the Sakura lounge in front terminals. They had decided to move closer to our departing gate. Hubby had remembered that the QF lounge in Bangkok was really nice so he thought that he’d give the NRT lounge a try!

His instincts were great. Since no Qantas flight was leaving the lounge was very quiet. The lounge agent did tell me when I entered that she would be announcing the flight since it was a code-share with JAL.

Over at the buffet, I decided to try the pumpkin soup, sushi, and chicken goulash with noodles. The pumpkin soup was amazing. All of the food offerings were good. I’m sure that the beer enthusiasts would be happy to have seen the two beer machines. I had seen the UA Narita Lounge beer machine that has been talked about lots in Flyertalk Trip Reports. I was amazed how many people at 10:00am were using it! I decided it was a bit early to be hitting the beer. I’m American not Australian or German.

The QF lounge was the first that I decided to check out the restroom. I was pleased to find a Japanese fully automated toilet waiting for me. For those of you who have never been to Japan, imagine what it would be like to sit on a toilet in a public bathroom and your back side is greeted with a warm toilet seat. Only in Japan. Also the toilet has lots of flashing lights on it and a separate control panel that will raise and lower the toilet seats and also start a magic sprayer that will clean the back parts for guys and both the front and back parts for women! AND THIS IS IN THE QANTAS LOUNGE!!! I want to buy this toilet. In our rental flats/houses in Vietnam, Thailand and India we had the separate hose near the toilet that could be used for the same purpose. We had been wondering if we could install the same thing back in our house in California without all our friends making fun of us. Leave it to the Japanese to have a perfectly respectable way to do the same thing! I will be toilet shopping in August! I’m sure that it will cost the same price as a small car but my bum will be deciding which model to buy.

All I have to say is “Thanks, Qantas!”

Entrance to Qantas Business Lounge

Computer stations with views of the tarmac

Magazines and printer

My boys watching US TV

Qantas Lounge with Light Balls

Food offerings

Some sushi on offer

Beer machines

My selections: Soup, sushi and some chicken noodle thing

Fantastic Toilet

I love a toilet with a control panel