FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Friends got "walked" from the SRQ Ritz Carlton
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:10 pm
FlynGyn

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DillMan
Your point about why the hotel didn't give your friends a non-CL room with CL access instead still presents a problem. I could see a handful of A-list celebrities coming in last minute and disrupting a hotel to a certain extent, but I highly doubt so many celebs showed up last minute, without reservations (keep in mind it isn't as if this game wasn't scheduled), that the hotel had to bump every CL rez and couldn't find a non-CL customer paying less than your friends. Really is weird. Please let us know what they end up doing in the way of comp.
I have to admit that I got this part of the story wrong. Mr. Big Wig's story was substantially shot down by Mrs. Big Wig this evening -- they DID in fact sit next to Ms. Diaz at the game but she (& presumably her BF and the other celebs -- aka Yankees) drove back to Tampa after they pulled the starters after six innings.

I agree that this episode is very odd indeed -- were it not for reading the written reservation confirmation and subsequent phone conversations she made from my own living room, I would be hard pressed to believe that there was not more to the story. I will definitely let you know how this ends.