FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best AMEX Card(s) for Me
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:09 pm
orangato

I fly most often on Frontier out of Des Moines which is the only airline I have status on. Recently I've started to fly much more for work with my primary destination being New York but also Dallas, Detroit and New Orleans. With my minimal past usage, I would consider myself a clean slate ready to start earning miles on a major airline. Delta looks like to be a good option - I'm not excited about the prospect of flying on the new United due to O'Hare being my closest hub.

I have hotel status with Intercontinental (Priority Club) but that is all. Typically I end up in a long term stay (1-3 months) at Staybridge / Candlewood. Airport lounges have not been something I have paid to use in the past but would make use of them if it were built into a rewards program. I am comfortable paying annual fees to an extent - the Platinum is more than I would probably get value out of but I can see the benefit of having it for at least the first year. From what I've read, the airport lounge options would be pretty limited for my domestic travel.

akcae - Should I go the Platinum route I will keep those options in mind.

Definitely not here to gripe but to learn. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, I am ready to start earning miles!