FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best AMEX Card(s) for Me
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:00 pm
orangato

Smile Best AMEX Card(s) for Me

Greetings!

I am a new AMEX cardholder and new to the frequent flyer world as well. Currently I have a Zync card setup with a couple of packs - restaurants being the bulk of my usage. My monthly spending (barring any large purchases) is roughly $2000.

When signing up for the Zync card I did not realize that I would be limited by a different tier of the Membership Rewards program. Now that I am starting to focus on building FF miles I realize that this won't be a good card for me, at least on its own. I am hoping to find some suggestions on a card setup that will allow me to maximize my point earning. It looks like my options are limited in getting points for dining and I am not sure it is worthwhile to carry two cards (Zync/Premier Gold?) with my low spending. The current Platinum offer with Delta looks great but I'm not convinced that I would utilize the benefits of the card. I am open to using a credit card rather than charge (Delta SkyMiles, SPG, etc.) if it may be a good replacement or supplement to a Membership Rewards card.

Even in the first few months, my experience with AMEX has been incredible compared to the other CCs I carry. I look forward to building a relationship with them and want to find the best way to utilize their products.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by orangato; Mar 8, 2011 at 2:06 pm