FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: MAD / Madrid Barajas oneworld and Iberia Lounges (consolidated)
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:10 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mikelat
Enjoyed the Velasquez lounge two weeks ago on my return from MAD. Had a bit longer due to a 2 hr delay on MAD-DFW so had plenty of time in the lounge. I was disappointed that there was no wifi acces and that you needed to go plug in at the end of the lounge area. That said, there weren't that many people there so it wasn't terribly crowded space. Drinks were nice. Snacks were OK, at least they were free. I mostly went for some of the wraps and sandwiches in the open cooler as opposed to the food in the warm/buffet area. The buffet food just didn't look all that interesting. I'd rank the overall experience above domest AAdmiral's Clubs but also below other OneWorld lounges that I've been to on INTL trips. I expected a bit more from Iberia lounges in their home airport. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the NRT lounges, which is entirely possible.

Remember that the Velásquez lounge is a Business Class lounge, not First Class. IB no longer offers First Class. I still find the food offerings quite substantial, including hot options, the salad bar, sandwiches, fruit, ice cream, and plenty of beverage choices. In fact, I think the options are on par with the AA Flagship Lounges, if not even a touch above.