FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - no more snacks in Y of UA/CO
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:35 pm
mre5765
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by channa
I disagree. If the other half do care about it enough to shift business elsewhere, then it may make sense to spend money on them.
Half care about a cookie or a preztel?

Originally Posted by CALimey
TBH, I'm pretty sure it will happen. On the plus side, I don't think it will happen for quite a while: for the time being, most companies still tolerate employees having loyalty to one airline within reason.
Tolerate?

Many employers require loyalty.

Many employers have preferred carriers and require their employers to fly with preferred carriers. Two of my previous employers, companies with tens of thousands of employees, have preferred carriers, hotels, and rental companies. We are expected to use these preferred suppliers even when they price out higher than a non-preferred supplier (up to a certain threshold, such as maximum airfare differential or maximum daily room rate).

Originally Posted by gawhite411
CO had, 5 years ago, the best domestic F service.
[...]
Can anyone reallly be that sad about a bag of preztel dust -- no of course not. But it's just so petty and reflects an underlying theme.
Today most pax in F upgraded. So why should CO provide amenties that cost it money?

Originally Posted by andrewk829
This would all be contingent on having a means to be sure the cans were served cold.
IOW, you idea is DOA.

Last edited by mre5765; Mar 7, 2011 at 1:37 pm