FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "You'll never believe it! I bought a bra!"
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:51 am
doober
Suspended

"You'll never believe it! I bought a bra!"

That was the subject line of an e-mail I just received from a female relative. This woman, not young, is not endowed and has never worn a bra. She wears a camisole and a shirt over the camisole.

Apparently, she recently took her first flight in over a year. At an airport, she didn't tell me which one, a screener insisted that she remove her outer shirt. My relative protested that all she had underneath was her underwear, but apparently the screener didn't believe her. She argued a bit and then capitulated. Of course, because she argued she was pulled aside for a pat down.

She told me she was totally humiliated by the pat down as the screener took what little breast she has and "jiggled" it around.

Her e-mail said she now understands my position on the TSA and from now on she will wear a bra through the airport check point.

She didn't say if she went through WBI. I asked her that in my reply e-mail and whether or not she filed a complaint. I doubt she would do that but, then again, I was surprised to read that she argued with the screener over taking off her "outermost" garment.