FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:45 am
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
FWIW, I once brought a project team to a HGI for over a month... 6-8 people/rooms at a time. We had the discount rate that I qualified for. (Can't remember what it was.) All received the complimentary breakfast. I was Gold -- at the start anyway . At the end, I received all points for paying for all with my Amex. And the receptionist added a bonus when we reconciled it all at checkout. (Actually, I had forgotten to change from points & miles at the get go , but she fixed that -- no other favor points.) I think these things were important:

1) Settle up at checkout, and allow time for it when the time comes. Make an appointment if it's that involved. And plan what you're going to say.

2) I think that it may be up to the individual property - rates, points, bonuses - more than we usually think, or than they say if they don't want to bend.

3) And it may have helped/been because they got to know us, and we weren't (too) rowdy.

Actually, I think there may have been the ounce of prevention at work, as well, but I can't remember a very formal process at the get go. We just sort of tumbled in, and I asked for my usual discount rate (gov't? AAA?). Again, in this case, I put it to the careful checkout.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 7, 2011 at 7:55 am