FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - no more snacks in Y of UA/CO
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:56 pm
why fly
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by andrewk829
Perhaps the bag of pretzels could be restored in turn for the following: I don't need a cup and napkin with my soda. How many people, when drinking a can of soda at home, pour the soda into a cup or glass, and how many people require a napkin to drink a Coke?

If FAs simply came down the aisle and handed out cans of soda, the time required for the beverage service would be cut by two-thirds. And there would be less trash to collect, also saving time, and all those plastic cups would not represent en environmental waste. So in return, maybe we could also have pretzels.

This would all be contingent on having a means to be sure the cans were served cold. I don't think the aircraft galleys include beverage chillers (someone who knows such things, correct me if I am wrong), but if they were chilled prior to the aircraft being catered, hundreds of cans placed in close proximity to one another should stay sufficiently cold to be served within 2 hours. On longer flights, fine, keep cups and ice for late-flight beverage services.
well said!