FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CNN: Air marshals surveyed about misconduct, retaliation within agency
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:54 am
Good Guy

Originally Posted by DillMan
You're joking, right?
Nope.

Lifetime bureaucrats running an inept and completely impotent organization that hasn't stopped a single terrorist attack are doing right by the American public? I'd hate to see a direct that didn't do right by the American public.
Well that's one opinion.

Do you really expect a bunch of current FAMs to tell the reporter, "yeah man, our jobs are totally pointless. Congress should just nuke our funding!!! We're terrible."
Not if they believe in what they do.

As to the single current FAM, you know a few FAMs and the reporter interviewed a few FAMs. Why is your opinion better qualified?
I know more than a few. You'll have to trust me on this one.

They're motivated? I suppose if someone was of a law enforcement/controlling frame of mind but didn't want to actually engage any bad guys, they'd be quite happy pointlessly flying around with only a one-in-a-few-billion-chance of encountering any danger. Based on an article I read detailing "A day in the life" of a FAM, I fly more miles per year than they do. I'm not at any real risk of dying at the hands of the evil "tearists" (aka terrorists).
You read an article? I bow to your expert opinion then. And you fly more miles? I'm sure you drive a bigger truck too.