FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Your Best Airline Award Redemption?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:05 am
beta1607

Programs: SPG GOLD
LAX-CDG(Stop for over a week and tour Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam)-EVN(Dest)-CDG(2 days)-LAX in Business Class for 100,000 Alaska Miles. Similar tickets were selling for between 8,000 and 13,000 USD when I booked my flight.

ORD-CDG-MUC(Dest)-CDG(stop for a week)-LAX again on AF Business Class for 100,000 AS miles. Went to Oktoberfest with my Dad, it was the first time he had left the US in about 30 years and he was so impressed that when we landed in CDG he was legitimately disappointed the flight was over and told me if we just turned around and went home it would have still been worth it because he was so relaxed.

I know people like to hate on AF's service but given it is the only international premium cabin I have flow in I think it is amazing!

Currently booked LAX-SFO-HGK-DPS-HKG-LAX in F going and J coming back on Cathay Pacific for AA miles but its costing me a ton of miles due to AA not allowing free stopovers