FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:53 pm
DownUnderFlyer
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by raphaeld
I would like to add another newbie question related to the above: I have researched the Visa requirements in most of the countries (still some to do). In most of the countries all passengers must hold a return/onward ticket to a country to which they have a right of entry.
A RTW-ticket obviously solves this problem, but in case you're booking as you go this would become an issue if you haven't booked a return/onward ticket.
Sorry, I don't have much insight here. Technically you often need an onward ticket. But I guess how this rule is enforced depends on the country and of course the type of visa. For example if you enter Australia on a working holiday visa you don't need an onward booking as the visa is good for a year. But you would need to check the immigration rules of each country.

One other thing: A stopover on Tahiti isn't that difficult to do. Air Tahiti Nui flies LAX-PPT-AKL-SYD and offers decent fares and easy stopover options. So you could do it on the way. And if you do, I would strongly advise to think about one other option: Since you are in the area (sort of), why don't you also do IPC on the way as a side trip? Yes, its expensive but it is a once in a lifetime thing to do.