FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I nearly got thrown off a CO flight for saying this;
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:21 pm
DL2SXM
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I nearly got thrown off a CO flight for saying this;

Good afternoon;

Earlier this week I was on a CO flight (EWR to SXM).

I was traveling with the misses and NEVER do I start any kind of shennanigans with anyone. I take my seat and keep to myself.

As is customary when I take my seat, I recline the seatback to enjoy the few extra inches of comfort while still on the ground. As soon as the forward boarding door is closed, I put the seat to its normal position.

Now, let me get to the juicy details:

I was seated in coach for this flight.

After I recline my coach seat, the person sitting behind me starts kneeing my seat back repeatedly. Then, she starts making loud comments, obviously so I could hear them, to her travel partner (could've been her husband, boyfriend, brother...not really sure).

The comments were of a nature that I shouldn't have my seat reclined, that it was against the rules and I obviously have no idea what I am doing.

Here's my first mistake (yes, I do admit some culpability).

I turn around and tell the lady kicking my seat that if you ask me to not recline my seat, I'll move it forward a little bit, I tell her she doesn't need to kick my seatback. Again she says, well its against Continental policy to recline your seat before take off.

Some more words were exchanged between us, as things obviously start taking a turn for the worse. The lady sitting behind eventually stops a flight attendant and asks her to have me please move my seat forward. The flight attendant says I am allowed to have it reclined until the safety demonstration begings. So, at this point I decide the heck with it, I'm gonna leave my seat reclined.

After some more back and forth and nastiness, I finally turn around and call the couple sitting behind me an a$$hole. Not to loud, but loud enough for the lead flight attendant to hear me as he walked by. At this point he stops and engages me and without him even asking what the problem was, he threatened to have me removed from the plane.

Everytime I tried to explain to him what the problem was, he just said, Sir, I will have you removed from the plane.

At this point I am very aggravated now, my voice raising, trying to remain calm, I ask for the flight attendants name. he gave me his first name and said thats all I am getting.

Finally, after threatening me one last time with removing me from the plane, we push back and the people sitting behind me were given different seats.

I guess I feel like I was treated pretty badly by the CO FA, and I'm really not sure what to do about it.

He didnt care about what the problem was, only that he seemed to want to throw me off the plane.