FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:23 am
Leumas

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Ticketing Option ex-JNB

I've formed a route for my DONE4 ticket, it's been successfully validated by the OW site (it's been priced). The route starts and ends in JNB. Now, I want to get it ticketed at the lowest price. I'll be paying with a NZ credit card.

What are my options?

a) Online with the OW site - I suspect this will be ticketed by QF and therefore includes a lot of fuel surcharges...

b) Ring through to the AA RTW Desk. I've been trying to read up on the experience, but am I correct in saying sometimes their agents aren't clear and want to convert the price to NZD first, even though they shouldn't? In addition, they sometimes want to insist of having the first inter-continent flight or at least one inter-continent flight to on AA? (I don't have any inter-continent flight on AA.)

c) Get Mindpearl to do it - But I need help in how to contact them and the process of doing this. I also assume they ticket on AA and not QF?

d) I've a friend who will be in SA (but not JNB), and I may be able to ask her to help out and buy it through a local travel agent, but there's no guarantee that it won't be ticketed by QF (and therefore subject to more fuel surcharges). Plus, I won't know if the agent she uses knows anything about these tickets.

e) Any others?

Which option do you recommend?

Thanks.