FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Boeing 777-300ER / 77W orders, 20 orders + deliveries confirmed as of 2013
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:29 pm
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I think there are some celestial forces at work for sure, just not sure they involve JL's current fleet. I think it's more likely that they involve AA's outstanding 77E orders (at least they're on Boeing's order books as 77Es; it may very well be possible to convert these to 77W orders pending some possible wrangling with Rolls) and their existing orders for three 77Ws. I think some likely scenarios (and I admit I'm parroting here) are conversion of 77E orders to 77W, additional 77W orders on top of the existing 77E orders, or no news at all until AA have a few months to play with their new 77Ws and fall in love with them (and for the economy to improve hopefully), with more news later. In any case, I do think we'll be hearing more, and I agree with you that something is probably in the works.