FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Boeing 777-300ER / 77W orders, 20 orders + deliveries confirmed as of 2013
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:40 pm
Life_Platinum

Microwave, Kebosabi, and FWAAA:
Thanks for your informed responses to the recurring rumor of AA increasing their 777 fleet by obtaining JAL 777s. I have been following the JAL fleet over the last two months, and you are correct according to the info I was able to find that JAL's 747 flleet has been taken out of service and now flies for other carriers, that JAL has a number of 777 subtypes in service, and has no incompleted orders from Boeing. I'm still puzzled why AA would order just one 777-332ER at this time, and why rumors continue to occur about AA expanding their 777 fleet with JAL equipment. Like many I can only speculate, but when the moon, sun, and stars align, these rumors appear reasonable. I was convinced that nothing would happen with AA's 777 fleet for a couple of years until I heard of the purchase of a single 777 (the moon is now aligned), then when pursers told me of what they heard was happening at the schoolhouse (the sun now is aligned), and my conversations with the agent today at the DFW desk about JAL planes (the stars were now aligned), I began to think that maybe we all were missing something. It will be interesting to see what new aircraft AA has in their fleet or will be getting in their fleet one year from now. I suspect you three are correct and this is just the same old rumor we have heard for the past couple of months.