FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:02 pm
craz
Suspended

Help (Advice ) for a friend

Short end

A freind applied for a CC and to get the full bonus he needs to spend x $s . I told him since he doesnt spend that much to use the CC a few times for small transactions then purchase the Coins.

He did just that and the 1st order of $1000 went thru with no problem. 9 days after he ordered the 1st batch I told him to reorder especially as they were shipped and received by him

So he did so , its been 10 days since then and he doesnt remember if his CL was ever touched due to the 2nd order (too late to know if it was now) 1st order was during the 2nd week of Feb.The 2nd order has always showed as "ON HOLD". Yes its with Chase. His statement closed and he got everything for having made a 1st purchase and its in his --- acct

He wants to know whats up but doesnt want to make a call that he shouldnt.

Im at a lost since I never ran up against this myself, does anyone have any idea whats up? Is Chase or The Mint Holding it up w/o the coins he wont meet the min spending so why pay for the annual fee otherwise, he wants to know if he CXs the CC will Chase go and pull the miles? I told him if they do maybe just the bonus miles but I told him I think they will at least leave the miles earned for the purchases that were made and that will extend his expiration period whiuch was his main concern

Thanks