FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Boeing 777-300ER / 77W orders, 20 orders + deliveries confirmed as of 2013
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:14 am
N830MH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MAH4546
A third 77W is perfect, because it allows AA to operate two long-haul routes with the initial fleet. The majority of long-haul routes, as long as one doesn't schedule super long plane parking layovers like South America schedules require, use 1.5 planes.

Three 77Ws, could, for example, operate JNB-MIA-NRT or BOM-ORD-HKG.

I still am of the belief that the remaining seven 772 orders, which are due starting in 2013, will become 77W orders.
Actually, I think AA will planned for MIA-JNB-MIA-NRT on operate 3 77W aircraft. I think it will have better aircraft utilizations for each directions.

Originally Posted by JY1024
Mod note in the first post has been updated with the news of the 3rd 77W, and the thread title has been modified accordingly also. /Moderator
Thanks for heads-up, JY1024. Appreciated it for your efforts.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I am certain that by time the first AA 777-323 is delivered in late 2012, AA will have ordered more than these initial three copies. My guess is at least a dozen, perhaps more.
Right. AA will continuations to ordered more 77W aircraft to come online. Does anyone know about entire 77W will delivery in end of 2012 & 2013. Isn't supposed AA will announced it for MIA-JNB-MIA-NRT-MIA? AA will take the advantage of next new routes announced from MIA hub.