FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Maui Ocean Club vs Hyatt Regency Maui
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:18 pm
Enjoralas

Originally Posted by PETEFLYS
You sure you want to stay in Kaanapali?? Hyatt and Marriott are like apples and oranges.LOL First let me tell you I have stayed at the Hyatt more times then I can count. I have owned many ocean front units at the Marriott and currently own at the Westin.

Forget the Marriott for a honeymoon. Its a family place think 10 people in a 2 bedroom. Fighting for a pool chair everyday. Service average. The rooms well depends on the tower.
The Hyatt is more upscale still has kids but not as many I like the pool and beach area better. It is a full service resort unlike the marriott that has limited staff.
Now I would think of staying down in Wailea for a honeymoon for sure but I do not want to confuse you to much.......

Thanks, that's good info. That really helps tip the scale toward Hyatt. I would love to stay in Wailea, it was my preferred area, but it's just not in the budget. I'm seeing rates at the resort properties there in the $800-$1k range per night. Many don't have *any* availability on the 4th.