FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: oneworld / Explorer Awards Using AA Miles info
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:11 am
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by fizzypop
MIA-LIM-GRU-SCL-AKL-SYD-CNS-HKG-CGK-SIN-BKK-BOM-AMM-VIE-HEL-MAD-MIA (34,884 miles according to the oneworld planner)

I originally really wanted to visit IST but discovered that AY is discontinuing IST-HEL at the end of this month.
Many airlines fly to IST, so the real problem is not a lack of flights but that you have no segments left. Are you interested in all of these cities, AMM, BOM, etc, as stopovers? You can try to skip less interesting connections. Unless you have special interest in BOM, for example, I would say IST is more interesting.

I have faced similar problems when planning my trips as well as friends'. Simply put, is is very difficult to do the entire world in 16 flights. That's why I suggest focusing on some regions and skipping others for another day. Combining places that are nearby saves on exhaustion as well as cost (miles or $). Then there is the special case of Europe where trains are so much more enjoyable than flying.