FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discrepancy between QF and CX award search and AA availability
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:31 am
jagoffee

Programs: Executive Platinum
I have been trying to learn all the ins and outs associated with booking All Partner and to some degree One World Business/First Class saver awards.

As suggestion on flyertalk by others I registered for Qantas FF so that I could monitor seat availability. It is very clear when searching for flights at the 355 day window and the 331 (or whatever it is for American) that AA FFs are at a great disadvantage when it comes to finding Business/First Saver awards during the initial release of the seats. I notice this because when I check the Qantas site, I see almost no availability within the AA window, but many seats available outside of the AA booking window. This is because Qantas and BA FFs can find and book the seats well perfer we can. I just want to confirm that my understanding is correct. Is it?

I have to accept that fact, but please check my logic. This disadvantage exists for the initial seats released prior to the AA booking window. Once you are within the window the advantage for Qantas and BA FFs no longer exists. AA FFs will be able to book any additional seats at the same time as Qantas and BA FFs. Is my understanding correct?

The bottom line is that it will be difficult for AA FFs during the initial release, but we have equal opportunity for any new seats released. This should mean that availability closer to the flight date should be easy to get?

I think I get it, but I just want to be sure. Thank you.