FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can jewelry be worn when going through the body scanners?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:41 pm
Lara21

Originally Posted by chollie
I have also observed this (full frisk to resolve an anomaly like a boarding pass in the pocket).

eyecue, I understood a full patdown after a WTMD alarm - you had no way of being sure where the alarm was coming from or if there were multiple sources that were alarming (coins in pocket and knife strapped to leg).

But why do you do a full frisk when the NoS operator observes an anomaly in the right front shirt pocket area?
I would say that the full patdown is done not because of an anomaly found on the person being seen by the screener, but because the screener viewing the scan of the person was not looking at the screen and couldn't say the passenger was all clear.

So the SSI is that a full patdown must be performed on all passengers after going through the NOS because the screener in the secret room missed something because they glanced away from the screen. So when one hears the screener tell the frisker that ''The object is on the passengers left right leg above the knee." That is just words to cover his/her behind from having to say. ''Passenger needs patdown because I wasn't looking at the screen."