FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates nightmare
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:04 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tangoll
I have little sympathy for your plight. You missed the check in cutoff time by 10 minutes, and everything else that happened thereaafter is a consequence of that delay. So, what exactly is your complaint? I have trouble following your comments as to the sequence of events in your dealing with Emirates.
Indeed; and costs incurred due to it are a reason for having travel insurance

Certain parts of the rambling seem strange

Originally Posted by sweetra
The US reservations rebooked us on two different flights stating our reservations are still on the same booking number and my husband was already checked in. I tried to check myself in and was not able to do so online.

We arrived 3 hours early at Tehran airport and were told WE had to call Dubai to get us both on the same flight instead of their ground crew in Tehran being able or willing to fix it. WE paid for the international call.
If booked on separate flights, why expect that staff in Tehran would put both passengers on the same flight. If wanting to make the voluntary change to be on the same flight, then would expect the passenger to pay for any calls needed. This sounds like an expense incurred of the OP's own making. If not prepared to travel separately , then why have the US reservations office do so

I only see one mistake in all of this in that the rebooking was not actioned correctly; the $400 change fee sounds like it was correct and the call from Tehran airport was a choice.

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm