FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow, is MCO miserable for business travellers or what?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:41 am
N522US

Wink

Originally Posted by mbs80
Oof. Arrived at 6:20am this morning for a 7:15 flight. No Sky Priority security line, they have an 'Expert Flyer' line. Families with small children in front of and behind me in line. Went through the magnometer with their shoes on, packed Disney snow globes in their luggage. Hardly 'experts'. All-in, 25 minutes to get through security.

Ugh.

Just venting here. Hard to provide a best in class experience if that is your greeting on the way in first thing in the morning! I'm guessing this is the airport's issue, not Delta's, but boy will I do everything in my power to avoid MCO departures in the future.
I hear you! Imagine originating at MCO, like I do!

I have it on good authority that Delta has used someone very high up the chain of command to deal with the Orlando Airport Authority...to no avail. The morons who run the airport will not budge on placing a 'Elite' line regardless if its Richard calling. The OAA simply does not care about its own frequent fliers. It's not because Delta hasn't tried...trust me!

Yes, Clear being back is a god send! It also highlights the money grubbing ways of the OAA. They welcome Clear because Clear makes them $$$. For every single customer signed, the Authority walks away with a profit. I suppose if Delta (and other airlines) were to write a check to the OAA, then we'd get a special security lane.

And regarding Clear...I don't hold out hope it will work this time around. The head of the TSA has said the registered traveler program is dead after the Fort Hood, TX shootings (where it was proven even a screened, secured fellow American military member could be a terrorist).

Clear is truly nothing more than a paid service to cut in line. They honestly ought to just turn off the machines and merely check your boarding pass and ID; the iris or fingerprint scan is 100% window dressing. At least during the previous incarnation of Clear there were efforts, at various times, to actually provide a expedited screening process - not just a cut in line.