FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]
Old Feb 24, 2003, 6:55 am
venk

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
In short, my stay was flawless.</font>
Perhaps we are helping this hotel by seriously lowering expectations.

Seriously, out of the 10+ stays I have had in this hotel so far, about 2-3 of them have been "flawless". There are two problems with this hotel, one is quality control which means one visit is "flawless" while the next visit you are likely to bump into problems.

See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/004253.html
for my amusing story on an earlier visit.

Second is that the old rooms are really getting old (most bathrooms in the old rooms are moldy but then some people aren't sensitive to that either!) and the new rooms aren't much different, just newer. I have always considered a 4P as a hotel with homogenous rooms with some basic amenities while Sheratons have always had room choices and differentiating amenities. The Sheraton Heathrow and the Sheraton Skyline on the same road fit this differentiation perfectly. This hotel is not doing the Sheraton brand any favors.

As far as the "new room" odor is concerned, people who are sensitive to this will immediately recognize it. Cannot vouch for everyone's nose.

You should stay at the Sheraton Skyline next time. I think you will be ecstatic after your experience of the Sheraton Heathrow.