FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF Gold members on CX flights
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:40 am
QF Lad

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
CX overbooks Y by a considerable margin on many routes, making op-ups Y-J and J-F far more common than on QF for example. Certain routes, days of week, and even time of day are 10x more likely to get opup than other CX flights, so it all depends. As for upgrade priority, that is a topic of wide debate on the CX forum, with some claiming that CX will opup all of MPC members first before doing Oneworld status opups. While I have never personally had an opup from CX as I only fly F with them, have seen many AA EXP opup'ed in LAX. SYD-HKG might have a lot of WPs flying, so SG may not be high enough status for opup on CX, even ignoring the CX vs QF status distinction. I'd expect ADL-HKG or even MEL-HKG to have much better opup chances than SYD-HKG.

I was on one of the last CX flights HKG-MEL to have F (I think around February 2009). I was the only passenger in F not to have been upgraded. I was the only passenger to have the In flight Supervisor come up to me, the only passenger to be offered more caviar, and the only passenger in F who really had attention lavished on them....