FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome: General Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)
Old May 6, 2003, 9:26 am
Jills

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
After a wonderful week in Italia. . . I'm back. We were quite pleased with the Excelsior. We were put in a room on the Via Veneto side of the hotel, since there were no Junior Suites available. They did volunteer to put us in a Jr. Suite on day 2, but we didn't bother since were already settled into our room. The room itself was fine. We had a bit of a challenge with the bathroom lightsone morning, but it was taken care of immediately and apologetically.

I don't remember who it was that dissed the lobby, but thot it was the PERFECT place to meet with clients. Simply elegant.

I'll confess, I was a bit disappointed with the Godiva chocolates as Platinum amenity - and the fact that there was no breakfast... but frankly, I don't expect many freebies when I'm on a reward stay, and the breakfast void is Westin-wide, if I'm not mistaken.

Bottom line, if you want a luxurious, convenient property, with professional and courteous staff - I would highly recommend the Excelsior.

------------------
AA EXP, 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum