FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome: General Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)
Old Mar 30, 2003, 6:37 pm
ed

Getting back to your original question, we also stayed at the Excelsior this month with 2 adults, 2 kids (teenagers) and needed two rooms. These were award rooms and I am SPG gold. We requested non-smoking connecting rooms, one with double bed (or queen, etc.) and one with two twin beds for the children. The rooms they first took us to were connecting rooms with two twin beds each. They said there weren't any configurations of connecting rooms with a double and two twins on the non-smoking floor. (We had just come from the Hilton Sorrento where we had this configuration). We ended up being shown a beautiful king bed room down the hall overlooking Via Veneto, and it worked out fine not having connecting room with the kids (ages 17 and 15).
Hotel and rooms were beautiful but concierges not too helpful for us. I asked where I might find Canali shirts at a good price and he hadn't heard of the brand. I asked about a shop for old coins and currency and he sent me to the street with all the antique stores (don't recall the name) but there were no coin shops.