FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:24 pm
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Connect in DFW for JAX, MCO and SEA.
I disagree: connecting in MIA en route to JAX, and JFK on the way to MCO (which I have verified is allowed in the published fares I found for SFO-MCO), will result in the most EQM and EQP for these city pairs (assuming GLD is matched during the PLT challenge, which has been happening pretty easily of late). AA's published fares between both SFO and SJC and SEA prohibit changing planes in DFW, so multiple fares would end up having to be bundled together using a multi-city search, drastically increasing the fare and probably taking the ticket outside of iqbalt80's corporate policy. AA may allow SFO/SJC-LAX-SEA, but that wouldn't be enough extra EQP to put him over the top assuming the Flagstaff trip is entirely on US metal (see below).

FLG is where it's tricky, as only US Express flies to FLG, and only from PHX. You could fly to PHX through DFW on AA then connect to US, or drive the ~2 hours in a rental car. If I were you I would just fly SFO/SJC-PHX-FLG on US and find some other way to makeup the ~1700 EQP you would need.
I just did a search on aa.com, and AA aren't showing any results between the city pairs SFO-PHX or SJC-PHX. A mutli-city search was needed to show flights via DFW, which resulted in a far higher fare than the lowest available fare. For example, just going SFO-DFW-PHX and back on March 15th through 17th results in a lowest fare of more than $550--and that doesn't include the trip to Flagstaff from there on US. US will sell you a seat SFO-PHX on the same dates for $300+ less than that. If iqbalt80 is required by corporate policy, AA will have to be avoided on this trip altogether--as such, I agree that the trip should be just taken on US, which would leave a substantial deficit in EQPs.