FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin O'Hare, ORD, Rosemont, IL (Chicago) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 27, 2003, 11:20 pm
Tummy

I stayed with my S.O. at the Westin ORD in Rosemont, Illinois over the weekend for 2 nights. After asking for a suite, I was upgraded to a nice, but somewhat cozy suite on the 10th floor. They originally put me in a Deluxe room on the 12th floor.

From the looks of things, tt appears that they completed the renovation. The lobby and restaurant look much more modern than the last time I was there, several years ago.

The problem I had was that the nice fruit presentation in the room had mold growing on some of the berries. I called Service Express, told them about it, and moved the items into the hall. I also sent an email to the general manager on Friday April 25th and received a reply on Monday April 28th from the Service Express manager. They did not replace it with new fruit when I was there, so in retrospect, I think it wasn't intended for me and might have been left in the room overnight. I checked in at 5pm, so I would think that they would have removed the old items and cleaned up by then.

I also noticed several red stains that looked like blood and several small holes on the sheets. In addition, there were lots of crumbs and, what looked like 4-5 Milk Duds, under the coffee table. Housekeeping replaced all the sheets the next morning, but the carpets were not cleaned.

For the locals, we went to Bob Chin's Crab House for dinner on Saturday. I should have thought to make a reservation, because the wait was 1.5 hours when we got there. We decided to get it to go, and ended up enjoying dinner in our suite. The crab legs were excellent even after the 20 minute drive back.

I used Cash & Points for the two night stay.

[This message has been edited by Tummy (edited 04-28-2003).]