FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:18 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by ftnoob
Yes, most likely. If so, however, it will post as 1,200 points, which you can convert to the needed credit. You will only need to worry about calling customer service if you specifically need an extendable Standard Award. And if your earn-by date is many months away, waiting to top off is better and cheaper than having an award issued this weekend and paying $50 to extend it.
I thought that the only way you could top off your account was to pay, which meant $50,- since it is $25/1000 pts (and 1200 pts = 1 cr).

Originally Posted by mile ho
I've spent a good deal of time working through 2.0. 2.0 is all about driving the BS fare. Notice on the How to Earn page of their website on the A+ portion, it says at the top, 'The amount of your fare determines how many points you earn. Simply put, when you spend more, you'll earn more points. Now you have another reason to go for that Business Select Fare.' The way 2.0 is structured it will be difficult for the majority to acheive A+ and CP without utilizing the BS fare. I believe A+ and CP are WN's F/C-style seats, pre-flight drinks, etc.
I understand what you are saying, but just because you call a fare "Business" doesn't mean it has all the trappings of business. Surely, you'd concede that WN's BS product is inferior to ALL of its rivals. Given that, and the changes to the system, where is the incentive to remain a loyal business customer on WN?

I just don't see it.