FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Palo Alto, CA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2003, 12:41 pm
mack2897

Arrow Westin Palo Alto, CA [Master Thread]

I recently stayed at the Westin Palo Alto after acquiring a Starwood Amex that gave me complimentary Preferred Plus status and was disappointed with Starwood's communication system all around. First, I called the hotel directly on the day that I was to arrive to confirm late check-in and they told me they had a smoking room for me, in spite of the fact that my profile says I'm a non-smoker. When I told them taht I had a profile filled out with SPG, they told me that the recod did not automatically list my preferences, in spite of them being able to find my preferences after searching. Secondly, I told them I was a Preferred Plus and was hoping for an upgrade. They told me that I was upgraded to a "Preferred Room". When I asked them how it differed from a traditional room, they admitted that all the suites were occupied, so that an upgrade in this intsance would consist of a room with nicer bathrobes and a nicer brand of shampoos, soaps and toiletries. When I got to the hotel, they again told me the room was a "Preferred Room" but when I saw the room, it was just a standard. When I told the front desk about it, they brought up the higher-end Westin Molten Brown brand toiletries in a plastic bag, but told me that I would have to request it every day rather than housekeeping automatically cleaming my room with the correct features. What's the point of being a Preferred Plus guest when you have to manage every detail of your experience on your own?