FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort left Starwood 6/30/09 (Master Thread)
Old Apr 21, 2003, 3:58 pm
ChocaholicFlier

Arrow Westin Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort left Starwood 6/30/09 (Master Thread)

Stayed at the Westin last month on an award stay. The person checking us in had never even heard of Platinum status. She had to go get a manager to find out.

Our room was ocean view, I payed extra points to guarantee this (11,000 instead of 10,000 per night). The room was on the third floor and very noisy because of a large convention that was there. The elevators were packed (had to wait 5 minutes each time), and the Club Lounge was like a private party for everyone attending the convention, not even an extra place to sit. We asked to move to Lighthouse Point or the Lanai Suites, they seemed quieter. I was told they were no rooms available, but the manager would call back each day with an updated status. Needless to say, I never heard back from them.

The pool and beach area are wonderful. Good snorkeling right off of the beach at Lighthouse Point. Flags on the lounge chairs to signal when you are ready for another cool drink. We were not impressed with the food, but there seemed to be better restaurants right across the street.

Not sure about NYC, but we flew direct to Grand Bahama Island from Baltimore.