FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank Direct to limit / cap AA miles on checking
Old Feb 20, 2011, 4:03 pm
saint

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by tivolady
Yes, you can have 2 accounts styled the exact same. We had 2 joint accounts exactly the same tied to the same FF # and received miles for both. They would not allow 2 more joint accounts tied to a different #. It is 2 per person. To maximize the FDIC insurance and provide ease in transferring $, I recently cancelled one joint account and set up 2 individual accounts...now have 3 - one joint and 2 individuals. If they implement the maximum per account, it may make sense to set up 4 singles, but then it will be more difficult to transfer between them all.

This is a good URL that explains the various FDIC limits and coverage.

http://www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/insured/faq.html

The other poster might be correct about AA not being thrilled about people easily getting lifetime status this way. I didn't really think about that point. Yeah, I agree with that point that they probably aren't thrilled that millionaires can easily earn lifetime Platinum with AA without even flying 1 flight with them.

Our friends don't even fly AA personally. But they have tons of cash and their kids all fly AA quite a bit so they use the miles for them along with all the VIP upgrades they get.

Now I'm really curious just how many miles Bank Direct and BBVA dole out each year with this program.