FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank Direct to limit / cap AA miles on checking
Old Feb 20, 2011, 8:08 am
electriclarry

Dormant Service at BBVA on a non-Dormant Account

[QUOTE=saint;15897187]Indeed if this is true it's bad news. I hope BBVA doesn't follow Bank Direct's lead on this.

I had an Extremely BAD customer service with BBVA? They were charging me a dormant service fee of $5.00 every month. I called the toll-free number twice and after over an hour with a pleasant but very ill informed CSA they mailed a form to end the dormant account status. I tried to email to address on the form, the email address did not work, so I faxed and P-mailed. The charges continued for three more months and finally I just closed the account. The account was just a way to earn mileage... I did log on to check the balance every month or so and e-transferred funds in and out. That was not good enough for them. The nearest branch is fifty miles away, the year is 1981 I wonder if they have heard of Internet banking. I write two or three checks a year (not on BBVA) and very seldom use a ATM card which they did not replace when it expired. Oh they charge a fee to use their AMT card the other place the gives mileage does not for the first four.

The account has been closed. A local credit union I had a $75.00 balance has the good sense and courtesy to follow California laws and follow the standard California procedure for domant accounts.

Anyone else experiencing this ?