FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:09 am
mandc2000

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Just completed two stays.

Booked an Executive suite and got that - have to admit that 3401 is in a good location - on the Executive Floor so not far too walk

No cookie at check in which should of indicated what was too follow. Lounge staff first two nights disappeared in the evening and generally unhelpful and not very well motivated - talked to the Duty Manager second night as felt sorry for the one member of staff who did actually work and engage with the very few guests and third night - hey presto - it was the service you expect from a Hilton (ok it's a Doubletree) - items cleared quickly, glasses refilled prompty and all staff visible !

Revisited for another night and given an upgrade to the same suite and the stellar service was apparent in the Executive Lounge. Bit afraid as they took my photo for future visits (!) or is that too be banned for drinking them dry ?

Given breakfast on the 11th Floor - Melakan ? which was excellent and was nice to be fussed over on our last morning !

Heard that they'd let a lot of staff go as trade wasn't great ...

Would I revisit - on an cheaper rate that Hilton KL yes but otherwise would choose to stay near KL Central.

Hotel has some buikding work around it (another tower which will probably block views) Work didn't disturb me though.

Score 7 out of 10

Last edited by mandc2000; Feb 19, 2011 at 1:09 am Reason: grammar