FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First goes out with empty seat, multiple people on upgrade list.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:53 am
AGuyAndADogInDFW
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT
Originally Posted by newgrad071
How often have people seen first go out with an empty seat despite multiple people on the upgrade list? Flew on AA3748 from ORD-MSP yesterday and despite multiple people on the upgrade list, 7 or 8 if I recall correctly, we departed with an empty seat in first class.

Seat map showed one seat open, asked GA who claimed 'first had boarded full'. Even so I waited until the all groups/all rows announcement and then boarded. I sat near the front of Y and could clearly see an open seat in the first row. More than a little annoying...
I saw it about a month ago on a flight from DFW. I was in 4E and noticed that after the door closed, 4A was empty. However, I clearly recall there were several people on the list (at least two screens-full). I chalked it up to a broken seat but the guy in 4B got up and moved to 4A and the FA didn't say thing to him to indicate that there was something wrong with the 4A and he could not sit there.

I wrote AA and told them about it. Granted, my upgrade had cleared and I could have just left it alone but that could have been me next time who is first on the upgrade list and the flight leaves with one or more empty but working seats in F.