FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy Plus is here to stay
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:04 pm
cepheid

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Economy Plus is here to stay. (...) On United-operated flights, Elite members of both programs have access to Economy Plus both in advance and at check-in. We will be harmonizing this policy in the coming year as we further synch up our two loyalty programs.
I am very glad that E+ is here to stay and will be added to the CO fleet, as well. However, with regards to your point #3 (complimentary access to E+ for elites)... as a 2P (Premier), married to another 2P, I must say that I very, very, very strongly hope that you retain the UA policy of allowing all elites, even down to the 2P level, to select E+ seats in advance (as early as the time of booking) rather than only at check-in. Especially while E+ is still not fully deployed on the CO fleet, E+ is therefore a more limited commodity given that all CO elites also have access to it... if the 2P/Premier level is disallowed reserving E+ in advance, I fear that some, if not many, 2Ps will no longer have reliable access to E+. The UDU system saw 2P access to upgrades diminish severely, and I would hate for that to happen to E+, as well.

So, while I am very glad that E+ is staying in general, I very strongly hope that you consider the above and retain the UA policy of allowing all elites, including 2P/Premier, to book E+ in advance.