FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated: Upgrading on Alaska Airlines as a Delta elite
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:58 pm
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by beckoa
U is not zeroed out, its just masked under T-24... if there is F there may or may not be U within T-24... if one can see A space however, there is U, as A [saver award First] is a subset of U.

And AS does need to straighten this out... especially with DL elites receiving upgrades now.
Sorry. Technically that is true..."U" is masked instead of zeroed out. However, to most people who are looking at ExpertFlyer or anything else, U will always be zero.

And so far I am 100% for upgrades when F>0 and A could be zero or anything else. Many times my upgrades happen when F was zeroed out and then opened up within 24 hours and ExpertFlyer notified me. Sure, AS could have put that seat into "U" but if the flight is already full up front why would they release the one "F" seat that just opened up to "U"? I'm not sure. Either way, the upgrades for me come when F>0.

Originally Posted by joshc40
Thanks for all the helpful posts. Once of the open questions that I haven't seen addressed is whether a companion to a Delta elite is also eligible for upgrade on Alaska Air. Does anyone know yet if this is the case? Thanks
Negative. No DL elite companion upgrades on AS.

-RM