FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy Plus is here to stay
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:48 pm
wcj1

Originally Posted by UA Insider
[*]Will Elites still have complimentary access to Economy Plus? The short answer is yes. As many of you know, Continental and United Elites have different policies for accessing extra legroom seating. Currently, on Continental-operated flights, extra legroom seats (select bulkhead and exit row seats) are complimentary to OnePass Gold/Platinum/Presidential Platinum and Mileage Plus Premier Executive/1K/Global Services members in advance, and to all Elite members from both programs at check-in. On United-operated flights, Elite members of both programs have access to Economy Plus both in advance and at check-in. We will be harmonizing this policy in the coming year as we further synch up our two loyalty programs.
I know I do not bring a huge amount of revenue to United as a Premier, but Economy Plus is why I stay with United and why I do not fly other airlines, even when their tickets are less expensive. If I cannot have advance access to Economy Plus, I then need to question why I am maintaining Premier status and loyalty to United and I will probably switch to whatever airline is offering the lowest price. So please take this into consideration and I hope you keep the current United practice in place.

BillJ