FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks for changing my schedule, B6
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:26 pm
LiaJB
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
No, they'll give me credit, since I paid for 90% of the RT fare with credit. Which raises one question and one problem:

A) They told me the cash part I paid "went to the westbound flight which I'm keeping", so I can't get any cash (credit card) credit. How the hell do they get to chose which leg was paid partially with cash?
B) I'm not planning any further travel this year on B6, so the credit will be wasted. We had paid for very expensive BOS/FLL tix in the fall, knowing the price would probably drop, and that we'd be using that credit for this trip. Now we'll have a nice credit that will probably expire.

They offered to send me back from Long Beach, but I have a rental car from LAX, and they can't get me to Long Beach, that's up to me.

Plan C is that I will rebook on Virgin now, and not cancel my return trip until the last minute, so the credit won't take affect until May, and I'll have a bit longer to hopefully use that credit next year up until May. That would work, wouldn't it? I mean the waiting to credit the flight and having the one year calendar not start until then?
For the record: Don't do the "wait till the last min to cancel hoping to restart the one year" concept.

One of the (incredibly) unfortunate changes with the Sabre upgrade was that all credits go back to the ORIGINAL expiration date if put back in your account. So even if you cancel in May, it will go back to the fall date for the original credit.

I'd try to ask for a supervisor, and ask if they can possibly extend the credit, as it was a schedule change that made you request the refund, but unless you happen to get me on the phones (grin!) I can't promise any other supervisor would do that for you. But it never hurts to ask.

I just didn't want you to think by postponing the cancel, you'd automatically extend the credit. Sabre will put it back to the original date. (And the part about the credit card being on the return is inane. They *can* refund the credit card part, it's just a very lengthy and annoying process. But it's absolutely doable.)