FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:19 am
adamak

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Originally Posted by andrewpartyman
So, honestly, in 100s of SPG properties in 35+ countries, 30+ states, I have never had an experience like I did earlier tonight at the Westin Maui. I am not saying don't stay there or it's a crappy hotel, just you have to be really on top of them, and plan on them screwing you. Since they don't care about your SPG status, just drive up to the Ritz Carlton for the same rate--a very service orientated hotel and amazing property. As for my personal preference, the Westin Maui was just way too packed. A well-designed property can be full, but not feel like it. It didn't give me the relaxed, welcome vibe. To each their own. Cheers everyone.
Well said. That's exactly how I feel about this hotel. It's on beautiful grounds, but everything else is done wrong : packed, don't care about services, attitude. Checkin lines are long, pool is always chaotic, high resort fee. They are always full so in their mind, they're doing you a favor by letting you stay. I don't care if they care about my status. But you shouldn't treat any customers that way, let alone your Plat members.

Send the GM to any Vegas hotel and learn how to operate a busy hotel. This hotel needs to get their acts together.