FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:55 am
sharklover

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I just had a great 4 night stay at thsi hotel. It is one of Hiltons top hotels. I used 4 Q3FN certificates. Depsite the hotel being sold out I was still upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite and given a room at 9:30am. There was a snowboarding race going on so that is why the hotel was sold out. Sprint booked a lot of room to entertain their clients. So thats proably why I got the upgrade. The hotel is really great. Service is really good. The gym could be better. Not that I used it buy my wife did. My only complaint is the hot tubs need to be hotter and the jets and not hard enough. The froswood gondola is very close to the hotel. You usually get transported in a golf cart and the skis goes in another one. I skied in both Canyons and Deer Valley. I would say that Canyons is better as it is much bigger and has longer runs. My only complaint with Canyons is they have several slow lifts. I heard that they should be upgrading 1 or 2 of those next year. The new orange bubble lift is awesome.
This hotel is one of the best used of 50,000 points which is what is costs from February. It is the best Hilton hotel if you want to ski. The only other one I know of is the ES in South Lake Tahoe. That hotel is a really bad use of points as it is also 50,000 points but the rates are less than 1/3 of the rate of the WA.
I will be returning to the WA.