FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:28 pm
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by AnemicScarecrow
Is the challenge equivalent to earning the status in the current year or the prior year? My earned platinum runs out Feb 28, 2011 at which time I will be donwgraded to gold through Feb 29, 2012. If I earn platinum during this year, I will be platinum for the rest of this year and all of next year (through Feb 28, 2013). If I do a challenge from March 1, 2011 and get the 10,000 EQP (which will be no problem), will I have platinum through Feb 2012 (as if I earned it last year) or through Feb 2013 (as if I earned it this year)?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, AnemicScarecrow. I'd suggest thoroughly reading this thread's OP, and pay special attention to the link to the Elite Status Challenge page on the FlyerGuide Wiki. You'll find answers to all of your questions there, like how long challenged status lasts and when you can challenge to get back to PLT. If you still have questions after checking out those resources, shoot 'em here and I'm sure you'll get the answers you need!